What will I learn?
Spending these six days away from your day-to-day life is a rare opportunity to work with Geneen in person and dive deeply into your relationship with food and all that it can reveal to you. During the retreat, you will learn a whole new way to relate to food — and explore the foundation upon which you build your life and your relationships. Over and over, throughout the retreat, you will have the direct experience of non-compulsive eating, amazing joy and sensing your body from the inside out. And once you know those things are possible for you, you can never go back to believing that they’re not.
Coming to the retreat was the most life altering experience of my life — second only to childbirth.”
– Kathy Heth
How will it make a difference?
You come to a retreat because you want to change your relationship with food; then you realize that food is just the doorway to the rest of your life. To issues of wanting more and never having enough, to the very things that keep you from joy, from a pure gorgeous sense of deserving to be fully alive.
Together we will explore themes such as:
- Discovering that no situation or feeling is unworkable
- Directly working with eating itself, learning to listen to your body and feed it what it truly wants
- Turning off the inner critic and treating yourself with exquisite kindness
- Discover gratitude for and confidence in your own life, and find peace within yourself and your world
- Learning and directly experiencing what enough is
- Building on all that is already good and already working in your life
How will I become inspired to change my life?
Each day at the Mount Madonna Center in the Santa Cruz mountains of California, you’ll be surrounded by spectacular views of Monterey Bay, open meadows and redwood forests. In this beautiful and supportive space, you will be joined by others with the same longing and desires for change … and together reflect on the changes in the way that you see yourself and your relationship to food.
After so many years of searching and healing, at last I feel whole. What has been awakened is nothing less than divine. And if asked why go to a Geneen Roth retreat, I would say: If you want once and for all to truly understand why you eat when you are not hungry, to let go of all of the shame and deprivation, to feel that the abundance and pleasures of life are yours to have, then make any sacrifice to go.”
– Nola Barns
What happens after the retreat?
In addition to our time together at retreats, ongoing support is offered throughout the year, including:
- Two small weekend groups with Geneen that are only open to retreat students.
- Monthly group phone calls and morning meditations with Geneen or her co-teachers.Phone small group sessions with one of the co-teachers for personalized support.
- A dedicated buddy system with other retreat students for peer support.
- Returning to retreats to continue the exploration of your relationship with food as the path to almost everything. Half of the students at the retreat are returning students. Using their relationship with food as the path to everything that matters has become an essential part of their life practice.